WILL YOU COMENT THIS BLOG

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Various Needs
Translate Post....

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reported Speech version 2

Reported Speech

REPORTED QUESTION (the question is not direct)

Sentence will be changed to get the news
When word of note (introductory verb) is "say", it should be changed to:
ask = ask
Inquire = inquire
want to know / want to know the wonder =
When the words form sentences reported a type of YES-NO question (a question with begin TO BE (is, am, are, was, were and are YES / NO) or Auxiliary verb (do, can, will etc), then in the form of report we use the conjunctive "IF" or "whether" means (if / whether)



Example: Example:

She asked me, "Do you really love me?"
Then:
She asked me if I really loved her
She asked me whether I really loved her
When using form WH-Question (the form of questions that need answers information. This beginning of words: how, where, why, when etc), then in the form of the report we use "question word" or the word itself as a word related.

Example: Example:

1. He asked, "Where does she live?"
Then:
He asked me where she lived

2.?” She asked me, "How long have you been waiting for me?"
Then:
She asked me how long I had been waiting for her




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share